FRIDAY! Everybody's favorite day of the week! A time to let loose, relax and enjoy ourselves. Since Friday is such a popular day, all around, I wanted to give you one more reason to look forward to the day. Let me introduce to you, "Friday Feels"; a weekly post covering bits and pieces, odds and ends, favorite products, current events, health news, how I'm feeling, YOU NAME IT! Have a topic you'd like me to cover?! Let me know! This weekly post is for you guys!
Primal Kitchen... Your Future Best Friend, in the Kitchen!
First up today is a brand I'm LOVING: Primal Kitchen. Primal Kitchen, started by Mark Sisson, is a company that puts high-quality, primal, anti-inflammatory ingredients at the top of their 'to-do list'... always. From salad dressings to collagen protein, this company produces products consumers can feel good about!
My all-time-favorite-product? Their mayo! Now, I know what you're thinking, "MAYO?! Ewwww!" But let me stop you there. Mayo, when made the RIGHT way, is actually incredibly healthy for you. Primal Kitchen knows how; they combine avocado oil (instead of canola or soybean oil), with organic, cage-free eggs, and some vinegar and salt... that's it! No sugars, no syrups, no BS! FINALLY, a mayo I can feel good about consuming, and boy do I consume it, regularly (hello egg and chicken salad)!
All of Primal Kitchen's products are paleo-approved, containing NO added sugars (amazing, right?!) Their mayo, dressings and avocado oil are keto-approved, as well.
Another one of my favorites is their salad dressing! Similarly to their mayo, these dressings don't contain any BS, and boy do they taste delicious! These dressings are made with avocado oil, and contain no dairy, gluten OR sugar (hard to come by in a salad dressing)! My current favorite? The Green Goddess Dressing, which has a slight ranch-taste, with added herbs and spices; so tangy and so delicious!
Hop on the Collagen-Train
Collagen has SO many benefits; the world is talking all about it! Bone, joint, skin, hair, sleep, gut health... you name it! Collagen contains a ton of amino acids that help your body heal, from the inside. As you all know, Vital Proteins collagen and gelatin holds a special place in my heart, but that doesn't mean I don't like to sniff around for other great collagen-based products! Primal Kitchen has a couple of super-awesome ones, and I wanted to talk about these, as well:
- Collagen Fuel (Vanilla and Chocolate): These collagen powders contain powdered coconut milk, a healthy dose of fat to help you curb your hunger for periods of time! They're sweetened with monk fruit, a natural sugar-free sweetener (similar to Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer).
- Collagen Peptides: This flavorless and odorless powder is great to add to hot or cold liquids (similar to Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides).
- Collagen Nut & Seed Bar: These bars are tasty! They're like a healthy nut bar, with added collagen-benefits.
Right now, Primal Kitchen is offering a sweet deal! If you sign up for a subscription of their Collagen Fuel, you will receive that for 10% off, as well as a bottle of their Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette, FOR FREE! Seriously, a great deal and opportunity for you to try a couple of these great products! Subscriptions age great, too, because they give you the choice of determining how often you'd like to receive product, without worrying about running out.
Get 10% off, Always
Maybe the Collagen Fuel isn't for you; maybe you don't want to commit to a subscription. If you're still interested in any of these wonderful products, I have a sweet promo code that you can use, which will offer 10% off your entire purchase, each time you buy. Click here and use promo code, "KATE10"!
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cooled)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/4 cup cut-up celery
- 1/4 cup cut-up cucumber
- himalayan salt
- Bragg's Sprinkle (Click here to get 25% off your first purchase)
- garlic powder
- Cook chicken to your preference (I usually just boil, on the stove). Shred and let cool. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add celery and cucumber and spices to taste.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat. I like to put my chicken salad on a bed of organic arugula, and sometimes on top of a toasted slice of bread, or with a Siete tortilla.